Can't repair ARDAgent??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benji888, Dec 15, 2012.

1. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

I go to repair permissions and get the following error...What does this mean? Why can't it repair it? ...I have started over with a new install several times, this always comes up eventually, and then every time I go to repair permissions it has this one that it can't repair. I have the most recent version of Lion, but this happened before also.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.
    :confused:

(I'm not sure if I posted in the correct category)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If repairing permissions results in error messages, some of these messages can be ignored and should be no cause for concern.
    Some people repair, or recommend repairing permissions for situations where it isn't appropriate. Repairing permissions only addresses very specific issues. It is not a "cure all" or a general performance enhancer, and doesn't need to be done on a regular basis. It also doesn't address permissions problems with your files or 3rd party apps.

3. benji888 thread starter macrumors 68000

benji888

solved!

Thanks for that link, this one is in that list, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's a long list, I don't understand why Apple leaves it like that. Whatever.

I repaired permissions because I had some laggy-ness going on, and then I realized I hadn't repaired permissions or restarted after installing several new apps. ...I also notice it helps to repair permissions when updating Flash or Java...especially Flash.​

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're having performance issues, this may help: