can't replace clip

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by poohat1000, Feb 17, 2012.

1. poohat1000 macrumors 6502

poohat1000

I'm getting an no entry icon when trying to drag one clip to replace the other, same format, compression etc.

I have no idea why this is happening... anyone?

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Which app?

3. poohat1000 thread starter macrumors 6502

poohat1000

fcpx

nevermind, i quit, re opened it and now it works

4. mBox macrumors 68020

haha okay well have fun :)
    p.s. at times Ive seen this happened due to errant blank frames caused by using the Position tool. You get a warning that you dont enough video frames for this or that. Anoying but easily fixed if you zoom in on the area.

5. poohat1000 thread starter macrumors 6502

poohat1000

thanks. Ive taken to stop trying to understand why fcpx does things sometimes, I love the speed but ugh. Sometimes i get another bug whereby i can't select any clips, it only works if i right click the clip and then click of the contextual menu. Quit/retstart always fixes it

bleh

6. mBox macrumors 68020

Ive been using it since June and have numerous bugs that dont seem to stick :p
    But hey, I can say the same about other apps thats been around 10 years longer ;)

7. harddriveowner macrumors member

Stop complaining. It is a young program and not everything is perfect but its potential especially with the ability to Publish effects etc from Motion makes is a quantm leap beyond FCP 7. Everyone loves to complain when anyhting is new.

8. cgbier macrumors 6502a

...especially when you consider that FCP wasn't really there before version 4. It took Apple years to get it up to task, and now we want it all in one day. :rolleyes:

9. mBox macrumors 68020

Good lord we had it at v1.
    Opened it up a few times since then we had Premiere and media 100.
    Didnt really start to use it till v3.

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yes, they've had over a decade of experience to learn from so hopefully the timetable is accelerated significantly. If it really takes Apple another 4 years to get FCP X 'up to task' then they are in major trouble.

Lethal

11. cgbier macrumors 6502a

For me it is pretty much there. I'm not working for a post house, broadcast (beyond a rural station) or Hollywood though.