cant reply here?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by macgig, Dec 30, 2017.

1. macgig macrumors newbie

macgig

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It depends on the sub-forum. Different sections have different requirements before you are allowed to participate.

Thus, if it is the PRSI, you need a hundred posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum; meanwhile, the Marketplace requires 250 posts and a membership of at least six months before you can post there. Hope this helps.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, the political forum has a 100 post minimum

4. EEzycade macrumors regular

EEzycade

I have 100 and it still won't let me

5. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

Not quite.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 4.30.51 PM.png

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I daresay that you will find that you can gain entry easily enough now, as you have 105 posts.

7. wtn macrumors newbie

It's kind of silly that I've been a member of this site for nearly seven years, but I'm still not permitted to comment on those posts. They're the only ones I want to comment on.

8. Scepticalscribe, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Visit (and post in) other areas of the forum that may interest you and, over time, you will find that your post count has increased sufficiently to allow access to PRSI.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The PRSI forum is not the main focus of MacRumors, but rather discussing Apple and Apple products. The intent of the rule, is provide active members who choose to interact in MacRumors an option to discuss politics.

You've been a member since 2012, but have only made 5 posts. Excluding this quoted post, your last post was in 2015. I mention this not to make you feel bad, because we have many members who join but choose not to post, but rather point out that your decision not to be an active and engaged member. Access to the PRSI forum is designed for active and engaged members. As mentioned above, perhaps other sites where politics/religion/social issues are its main focus may be a better fit.