Can't reserve in-store pickup!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xray328, Feb 9, 2011.

1. xray328 macrumors member

Apple Retail Store
    We’re sorry. Currently, iPhone reservations are not available. Please check back soon

What's up with that????

2. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Guess they want to make sure to have a decent amount for the first-come, first-served people tomorrow morning.

4. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

Working now, but I could only reserve 2 with one apple ID.

5. Orionpkmyz, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

Orionpkmyz macrumors newbie

I was able to choose from different stores (I'm in the DC area if that matters).

Got a confirmation email but no order number. Email says they will hold the phone until closing of business on Thursday. Then in small prints below it also says: "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis." So I still have to show up early and wait in line just so they don't run out of phones??

6. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

I had to create a new apple ID for the third phone (for my son)...hope that doesn't create a problem when I pick them up. Still under my name....

7. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

Mine worked now also, but I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail. I have a bad feeling about this reserve system.

8. kwisdumb macrumors newbie

Has anyone been able to reserve at a Verizon store?

9. AshStorm macrumors member

Hmm this might help

I got that same error about not being able to reserve at the local Apple store. I went back a page, went forward again, and then it "reset" the location so I could pick a local store. Plugged in zip, picked the one to me, and it worked that time.

10. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

You can't do that from what I understand. They are first come first serve the morning of the 10th...ours opens at 7am. No way I was standing out in the cold waiting in line when I can just go to the Apple store in the afternoon and have one waiting for me.

11. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Give it some time (took me about 20 minutes to get the confirmation number - was sweating a bit)

12. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It is going to be right around 0F here. Hope it keeps everyone else away. :cool: Apple store is too far away from me to consider going there.
    All the Vz stores selling iPhone 4 are opening 7am. Even one near me in a mall that opens at 10am is opening at 7am. No idea how that is going to work...