Can't Resize Application

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Codeseven, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

This is probably a stupid question but, when I run an application it fills almost the entire screen to where the lower corner where you should be able to grab it and resize it is actually not visible and I can't drag the window up any farther than the bar on the top of the screen with the icons on it. There is open space on the sides of the application but no space top and bottom to move it.

I downloaded both Zooom2 and Rightclick but neither seems to do anything.

Any thoughts? Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Doesn't clicking the green circle button on the top left resize the window to a size you might use to resize the window to your own liking?

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

4. Codeseven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Just seems weird that access to that lower 'drag' corner would be hidden.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's really not that uncommon. Open System Preferences for instance: the window is not resizable.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

It's probably just a screen resolutions issue. Set them to the defaults and you should be good.

7. arogge, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

Same problem

My Bibble 5 window just decided to get bigger, and now I can't resize it. The normal method of resizing doesn't work, which is to grab a visible corner and drag to resize, because somebody at Apple decided that only the lower-right corner can be used to resize the window.

Yes, I did try clicking on the Green enlargement button, but that actually made it worse. Now the Bibble window, including some parts that I need access to, are buried below my Dock. Whose idea was it to lock out the resizing function from all corners like is possible in other operating systems? No, I have the resolution set to the default, and I have never touched that setting, so I'm not sure what caused this problem. There also seems to be no windowing function to Title or Cascade, so I can't override the window size from the Finder. How do I get out of this resizing lockout, besides waiting for Apple to code the GUI windowing system correctly so that all four corners are active and Finder can resize and stack groups of windows? Really, Microsoft Windows could do this 20 years ago!

Edit: I found a workaround. Bibble is apparently doing this in both Linux and OS X, and it's because of the order of the right-hand stack of panels. I fiddled with it and finally got hold of the little resize tab. This would have been so much easier to get around if OS X windowing worked like the Windows 3.1 GUI with all four window corners active to resize.

8. Jisuo macrumors 6502

9. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

Yes, that might work too. :)