Can't resize columns in details view

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by cacososa, Jul 22, 2011.

1. cacososa macrumors newbie

Hi i'm a relative new mac user and I installed lion from day one. I just noticed that I can't resize the columns in finder when I'm in details view. Has anybody notice that? I don't know if in snow leopard you were able to do so.

Please let me know if its just me or its a bug in lion.

Thanks
    Carlos

2. damojag macrumors newbie

damojag

Can you see the resize columns option at the bottom? They look like two lowercase 'L's - hover your mouse over them and you can resize, if you right-click them you can select different options also.

3. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

If you have 'arrange by' set in Lion in List View (details), it seems it automatically sets column widths and does not allow changes. If you set arrange by to none you get the freedom back.

And as the arrange by settings do not apply globally, and categories seem pretty random anyway, I decided after an hour or so that that was a new feature I wouldn't be using.

4. cacososa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks that did the trick!.

5. reichberg macrumors newbie

Finder: Cannot resize columns in List View (Lion)

Same problem. Selecting the Windows>Sort By>None option does work. However, that's still a bug that should be reported to Apple :(

Thank you,

Sam

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

On SL, you could double click between the name fields separators, and it would auto fit to size. No longer works in Lion. It's really been bugging me.

7. macattack00 macrumors newbie

this is really bugging me as well.
    i reported it as a bug on the apple feedback site. hopefully .1 or .2 will fix this...