Cant resize the bottom partition?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xper, Jun 13, 2011.

1. xper macrumors 6502

xper

Hi!

Currently my partitions looks like this:

[​IMG]

I have no problem resizing the top partition by draging in the "handle" in the bottom right corner and choose whatever size i want, the same does not apply on the bottom partition, i cant drag the partition further down since its already at the bottom in the list, and i cant move the bottom partition further up to be able to resize it.

I have booted into both partitions, booted into restore mode but nothing helps, that partition simply dont want to resize.

What have i missed? Surely i should be able to resize a partition that is in the bottom of the partition window?

2. Mactasia, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

Mactasia macrumors member

Mactasia

As far as I can tell, you should have a small handle above the bottom partition?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Actually, ignore that. I didn't commit the partition! Once I applied it the handle disappears. I don't see a way in which you resize the bottom partition. Even entering a size manually doesn't extend it for me.

I suppose you could Carbon Copy Clone the second partition, delete the partition and then recreate it at the size you want and restore the CCC.

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

If you mouse-over the top limit of your bottom partition, your cursor should change into a re-sizing aspect?
    Not sure as I'm not an Mac right now though.

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Can't be done with disk utility I'm afraid. You have to back up the data and wipe the partition. Then you can create one of the correct size and copy your data back.