Can't RESTORE 3GS, has Unkown FIRMWARE/BASEBAND

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gcruzn1, Nov 10, 2011.

1. gcruzn1 macrumors newbie

My friend bought a used Iphone 3gs off a website, and he doesn't know the baseband or firmware version. It was stuck on the activation screen, but it would'nt read any SIM, the connector(hardware is fine) but when I checked the IMEI and ICCID it said unkown? I attempted a restore to IOS 5... and just when it was about to finish it gave me an error that it could not restore. So my next conclusion after researching various forums is that it had been unlocked/jailbroken and flashed to the IPAD baseband: therefore it wasn't showing the IMEI/ICCD. I also tried various methods of installing custom firmware using various versions of 4.xx, and redsnow, looked for ssh blobs but tiny umbrella can't read the phone. PLEASE help, I must be doing something wrong here, any ideas of how to restore/fix the phone? Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might have to reflash and install the iPad bb again.

3. kmvguy83 macrumors member

using mac or windows?
    do you have tinyumbrella installed?
    if so make sure "set host to cydia" is unchecked under advanced tab?

4. gcruzn1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. Im using windows xp , and I do have tinyumbrella installed and that option unchecked. Im a little confused now on how to reflash to the ipad baseband since I'm stuck at the connect to itunes screen, and im not sure what version it is even at...:confused: what if Im completely wrong and it doenst even have an ipad baseband... I don't know what to do next.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Open tu and it should list the firmware and bb installed on the phone.

6. gcruzn1 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only problem is that tiny umbrella will not discover/read the 3gs.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you have the latest java installed. If TU still doesnt detect it then its on recovery mode.