Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sankeel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
It keeps coming up with the error 3194 when I try to update or restore. I tried to modify the "hosts" file by writing a new line at the end of the file but when I put it into DFU mode it doesn't come up with the plug display on my iphone. It is just the apple symbol stuck. Currently, my iphone software version is 4.3.5.

Can someone help me? Please!!!!!! I desperately want to restore my phone.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
You're trying to restore to a firmware that apple no longer signs. That's the reason for the error.

Do you have the SHSH saved?

sankeel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
How do I know if I have SHSH saved? Unless it was done automatically, I think no. But how do I check?

Also, if I don't what should I do?

sankeel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
The other problem is I have tried installing tinyumbrella 5.0.1 on Windows but it is not working. It prompts this:

No JVM could be found on system
Please define EXE4J_JAVE_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE for http://www.java.com

I looked at the top of my cydia app in green it says:

SHSH: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1

But I am still on software version 4.3.5 according to itunes.

What should I do please help? I really appreciate your help.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
install java on your windows machine

after that install TU
Connect phone, open tiny umbrella, go to advanced tab,check set host to cydia on exit

Close TU

You can also manually change your host file, google for it if necessary.

Put your phone in DFU-mode

Now in itunes click shift-restore, you can either restore to stock 4.3.5 or 4.3.3 you need to have those downloaded

For updating to 5.01 you need to leave the set host to cydia unchecked

For 5.01 put phone in DFU and push restore or shift-restore if you have downloaded the 5.01 IPSW.

4.3.3 has untetethred JB
4.3.5 is tethered
5.0.1 is untethered

BE CAREFUL IF YOU NEED TO PRESERVE YOUR BASEBAND TO UNLOCK!
Also be quick for 5.0.1 because 5.1 is dropping very soon......

Abracadabra-1st

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Same problem

Ive had same problem, done everything that people have said. I am just putting it down to apple not signing ios6 anymore, just have wait till ultrasnow catch up to ips7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.