Can't restore backup with GM

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hollowman, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Hollowman macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I'm running iTunes 11.1 and have been doing so for a month now, installed the iOS 7 GM last night all fine, but the box to restore from backup is greyed out, even though I backed up before installing the GM.

I am using iTunes 11.1 Beta 1 if that makes any difference? Really bummed because I'm worried I have lost my recent holiday photos :(:(

2. bigkaw88 macrumors newbie

RE: Can't restore Backup with GM

I am having this same issue i have Gold Master ios7 on iphone5 and itunes 11.1 beta2. i see my files for my backup of my iphone 5 in the MobileSync folder but itunes does not see any of my old backups and the Restore backup button is grayed out.

Attached Files:

3. alecava macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I also got the same problem, my solution was to go back to beta6, restore my backup using another mac (I copied the backup folder) then I upgraded (yes, upgraded) to the GM.

I needed another mac because for some unknown reason my backups remained invisible also after going back to the previous version of itunes :mad:

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

5. bigkaw88 macrumors newbie

6. bigkaw88 macrumors newbie

Fix!!!!

This solved my problem!!!!!!

1. make sure the iTunes is running in 64bit mode
    Close iTunes, Right clicking the iTunes application icon in the application folder, select Info, and uncheck/deselect the "Open in 32-bit mode".

2. open up the iTunes

3. If there is an alert window pop up, like this one, and telling you that there are several plug-ins cannot running on 64bit mode, go /Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ and ~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ , delete those unsupport plug-ins

4. re-open the iTunes

Now it should be able to backup your iOS device correctly.