Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Anyone having trouble restoring their license with Paypal email and the last 4 digits of the transaction?

I haven't used it since my 4s and I thought all purchases includes future updates.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anyone having trouble restoring their license with Paypal email and the last 4 digits of the transaction?

I haven't used it since my 4s and I thought all purchases includes future updates.

I had no issue.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Is it the same phone number you used before when you first bought it?
I thought you just restored the licence from within the bitesms settings.

Yep. Same number and I was trying to restore it within BiteSMS.

I emailed support earlier today, hopefully they'll get back to me.

I did purchase it for $5 back then, it looks to be $8 now? If that makes a difference?

----------

Never mind. It just worked all of a sudden. Entered the same exact info and just went through this time.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Cool.
What did it ask you for again?
Usually before all I would do is install it and it would automaticly recognize the phone number and set it to full access licence on its own when I first opened the app.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I purchased it a long time ago for $5. Tonight, I finally got biteSMS to install (cydia servers overloaded) and afterwards, went into biteSMS settings, and clicked Restore for getting my license restored. It took 5 minutes or so, but I eventually got a text message that said my license was a full license and I appear to be all set.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Cool.
What did it ask you for again?
Usually before all I would do is install it and it would automaticly recognize the phone number and set it to full access licence on its own when I first opened the app.

It asked for my Paypal email that I purchased the license with and the last 4 digits of the transaction ID.

----------

I purchased it a long time ago for $5. Tonight, I finally got biteSMS to install (cydia servers overloaded) and afterwards, went into biteSMS settings, and clicked Restore for getting my license restored. It took 5 minutes or so, but I eventually got a text message that said my license was a full license and I appear to be all set.

Yah, I'm not sure if it was being overloaded or not. All is well. So glad to have biteSMS again.

BiigBiscuit

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
It's most likely due to Cydia's servers. Saurik tweeted something about issues with the payment/restore system.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
It's most likely due to Cydia's servers. Saurik tweeted something about issues with the payment/restore system.

BiteSMS does not use Cydia for licensing. There's something else up. He's already done the correct thing by emailing the BiteSMS devs, though. Not much to do besides wait if the two restore methods they provide both failed.

Mine worked just by hitting the "restore" button

Same, for the first time since I bought it way back when. I've always had to email support. I'm not sure why it just worked this time.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Thats weird, I emailed them with no response.

Did you put "NOT FAQ" as the subject title? If not, it will be filtered.

I restored my bitesms license twice already for my iphone 5 via invoice ID (remember it's invoice ID NOT transaction ID). If you're transferring the license from a different device you'll have to to email them.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
If you're transferring the license from a different device you'll have to to email them.

I don't think that's true. I think it only matters when you are using a different Cydia account. I could be wrong about that but in my experience, I've never had to email them anything and I've had Bite on my 3GS, 4, and 4S. I've also had 2 different 4S devices because my original was defective.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
You're probably right. I just had an issue from going to my 4 to 4S to 5. Second time on my 5 however invoice restore worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.