Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I heard something wrong with the verification from Apple. Maybe you should wait for few days.

AppleHater2

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
iPod Touch Will Not Restore

iPod 4thGen worked great until software update 5.1, then sync issue began. Thought 5.1.1 would fix it, but I've gotten this error ever since. 4 hours of wait time while it attempts to restore - then same error. Deleted all Apple files from PC, tried again. After 4 hours, same error. Downloaded/installed iTunes on a different PC that never had it before, iPod need to be restored. 4 hours later, same error. When I posted my concern on Apple's Community - they deleted it because it was a 'rant'. What do they expect? Why don't they fix the problem rather than hide it by deleting posts. My $300 iPod is useless, and Apple is the cause. Sure, I'll wait for a fix, but I won't hold my breath.

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
iPod 4thGen worked great until software update 5.1, then sync issue began. Thought 5.1.1 would fix it, but I've gotten this error ever since. 4 hours of wait time while it attempts to restore - then same error. Deleted all Apple files from PC, tried again. After 4 hours, same error. Downloaded/installed iTunes on a different PC that never had it before, iPod need to be restored. 4 hours later, same error. When I posted my concern on Apple's Community - they deleted it because it was a 'rant'. What do they expect? Why don't they fix the problem rather than hide it by deleting posts. My $300 iPod is useless, and Apple is the cause. Sure, I'll wait for a fix, but I won't hold my breath.

IF there were thousands of other people with this problem, I could see it; there clearly aren't. So, yours is a one-off case, but 'Apple is the cause'.

It's ridiculous. Rather than 'ranting', you could have spent that time/energy trying to find a solution.

Obviously you've either done something, or something has caused a problem. Surely there's a fix. Calm down, and take a deep breath.

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
I have seen so many threads about this problem, you just need to hold on shift and then press update, then find the firmware in your computer to update your iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.