cant restore from back up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by retrospects, May 20, 2010.

1. retrospects macrumors regular

ok I won a free 4.0 beta activation way back at 4.0 beta 1 from iphonebetaactivation.com was on that and it was cool (miss my Jailbreak tho) build 2 came out and everyone said stay away buggy as hell so I waited and then 3 came out. I still waited but I heard that the betas expired and build 4 was coming out soon so I upgraded to build 3 and downloaded the systemcomponets package like I was instructed. Now I can not restore from back up so I have NOTHING on my phone no contacts or anything. I went ahead and got build 4 hoping that would help but i keep getting an error saying applemobiledevicehelper has stopped working and another one that I cant remember at the moment but its to the effect of it cant sync the phone correctly or something. I am stumped o_O

also I read that you need the sdk but I cant find the sdk for leopard all I can find is snow leopard.
    thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Personly I would contact iphonebetaactivation.com for help. To be honest most of us in the hack section are the last to upgrade to the latest firmware let alone betaware. I haven't even paid much attention to the 4.0 firmware talk.

3. retrospects thread starter macrumors regular

normally I wait until a jailbreak is available until I upgrade. I was still on 3.1.2 before the beta. I don’t care if I’m not JB at the moment I just want all my stuff! ha