Can't restore from backup from iphone 5 to 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mslittlebookowl, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Mslittlebookowl macrumors member

My iTunes stops working every time it reach step 6 sync the apps. I googled it and many people suggested using airplane mode or sync over wifi. I tried both multiple times but no success. Any other ideas?

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Do you have a backup in the cloud you can restore from? I restored my iPhone 6 from the iPhone 5 cloud backup I made 10 minutes prior with no problems.

Other than when I was setting up the new phone, iCloud wanted a password for my old email address that I haven't used in a year and had removed (I thought) from iCloud previously. Rebooted and all was well. iCloud is having some weird authentication issues for me but nothing from stopping me from doing anything.

3. kerr macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, have tried a few things without success :(

4. Glitter macrumors newbie

I can back up my iphone 5 onto my iphone 6 but when I do that I cannot get past the "hello" screen. Where if I skip icloud it goes back to hello. If I put in my icloud password it goes back to hello.

5. Mslittlebookowl thread starter macrumors member

I gave up and backed up my iPhone 5 with icloud and just restored from there. :(

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Apparently iTunes is trying to sync via wifi and usb at the same time and confusing itself. Turning off computer wifi and setting phone to airplane mode helped some, but video and music transfer from iTunes to the iPhone 6 is sporadic. Transferring same files to an old iPad upgraded to ios8 was uneventful, so this seems like an iTunes bug.

7. kerr macrumors member

Based on suggestions I have read, I have tried turning off wifi, turning on airplane mode, also using the new lightning cable that came with the iPhone 6. Yet to have much luck. Thinking of copying my iTunes backup to USB and taking to a Genius bar at an Apple Store.