Can't restore from backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmy83, Jan 2, 2010.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

My iPhone is showing the connect to iTunes logo...plugged into the PC and click resotre, but its saying it will wipe all content and start fresh...looking in prefs ive got a backup from today-any idea how I access it? As its not show in the drop down bar :(

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First of all, if this is a new 3GS that has been jailbroken, the first thing you should do when you get a "connect to itunes" screen is to run blackra1n. That starts up your iPhone 99% of the time.

If not, then go through the restore process, and at the very end, you should get an option to set up as new or restore from a backup.

3. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorted now thanks, iam sure before only you plug your iPhone in it lists your old backups to select...anyway it didnt...clicked start iPhone from new and then it listed old backups. Odd

4. noahm88 macrumors newbie

iTunes can't find old backup

Hi, I am having a similar problem and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I just decided to update my iPhone 4's firmware to iOS 4.1 from a jailbroken 4.0.1 iOS. I made sure to do a backup before I did this in iTunes 9 which I had installed. Using PwnageTool I created the new firmware file and had iTunes restore it. It ran into a problem immediately and I Apple's KB said that I had to have iTunes 10 to do a restore. I updated and iTunes 10 restored the software update just fine. My iPhone works fine with the jailbroken firmware. I started to restore from backup and accidentally pulled the plug while the restore was running.

My problem is that iTunes, for whatever reason, won't see my old backup anymore. I know that there is more than one listed in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup and one is about 440MB. But, no matter what I do I can't get iTunes to see it; it only wants to do an slightly newer one that has no data. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.