iPhone Can't restore! iPhone 5 + 6.1 JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OPTICS, Feb 5, 2013.

1. OPTICS macrumors newbie

Need help. I downloaded Intelliscreen X and it automatically restarted. Goes to apple logo, goes black, and then goes to a dim apple logo and repeats off an on right there. Tried to restore in DFU and Recovery mode, but iTunes says something about the build being invalid or something so I can't restore.

This happened earlier when I downloaded Winterboard, but I was able to get back to the homescreen. I can't now, I've done over 2 dozen resets. Of course this has to happen as the last thing I do for the night. What should I do?

2. Nick A macrumors regular

Had the same issue with IntelliScreenX, I plugged my phone into iTunes, home+power button for 10 seconds then just the home button. Was able to restore after that.

3. OPTICS thread starter macrumors newbie

I keep getting the same error. After extracting software, I get a message saying:

4. Nick A macrumors regular

Download the firmware from an online mirror, hold down option and click restore and restore from that.

5. OPTICS thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, that wasn't it either. I tried that earlier.

I found out what the problem was though. TinyUmbrella modified the host file. Fixed that file and am now currently restoring.

Anyways, thanks for the help.