Can't restore iphone with iMac but can with macbook air

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cordes, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cordes macrumors newbie

Cordes

I have the latest iOS, iTunes, and OSX software loaded as appropriate. If I try to do a factory restore on an iPhone on my mid-2011 iMac, it fails during the process and shoots me an error #14. This is true of both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 6. The same thing happens if I enter them in DFU mode. I get the same error during the process. I am able to update iOS on the phones with the iMac when new releases come out. I only have a problem with a "restore".

I am able to do the restore on my wife's 2014 macbook air. After doing so, I can then restore from backup on my iMac.

So in the end, I don't really have a problem, but I would like to sort out what the issue is with my iMac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Cordes thread starter macrumors newbie

Cordes

iPhone software update fails on one mac but works on another

I had the same issue again trying to update iPhones to IOS 8.3. The updates failed when using my 2011 mac but then worked ok on my wife's 2014 macbook air. I receive error #14 again when using the mac. Is there some file I need to clear out and reload? Or reload iTunes or something? I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.