Can't restore ipod touch. Error (5)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stagius24, Jul 16, 2008.

1. stagius24 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have an ipod touch 8gb, which i had JB on it.

I decided to restore my ipod to the factory setting after i installed too much application. However, after download the FW 1.14, i set my ipod to recovery mode and ready to restore in itune by pressing shift and restore.

What happened is the itune (7.7) cant restore the FW. Unknow error (5).

I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me ?

2. pisces03x macrumors regular

1. Verify you have iTunes 7.5 or later. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch.
    3. Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.
    4. Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting USB cable. When you reconnect USB, the device should then power on.

Note: If you see the message "Charging... Please Wait" or you see the screen pictured below, let the device charge for at least 10 minutes to ensure the battery has some charge and then start with step 2 again.

5. Continue holding the Home button while iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
    6. When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message:

If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then disconnect the USB cable from iPhone and repeat steps 3-6.

(Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808)