iPad Can't restore JB'd iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chodite, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just sold my iPad 2 (Jailbroken, 5.0.1) on Ebay. Need to clear and erase everything from it. Went into settings and tried the "Erase and Clear" option and the iPad just froze with the spinning white circle. Tried 3 times, same result.

Now trying to restore via iTunes 10.6.1 with a downloaded .ipsw for iOS 5.0.1 and iTunes either gives me an error 11 or error 21. Quite frustrated.

Any help is much appreciated!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can only restore an iPad 2 to iOS 5.1 or 4.3.X (if you have the SHSH blobs for it). You cannot restore it to iOS 5.0.0 or iOS 5.0.1.

Never tap the "Erase and Clear" option on a jailbroken device. Doing so will force you to do a DFU mode restore to make it usable again.

3. Chodite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chodite

Ooh? So, I'm stuck with a bricked iPad 2?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It isn't bricked. Put it into DFU mode and restore it to iOS 5.1.

5. gigaguy macrumors 65816

He's saying you lost your 501 because picking 'Erase' on the ipad renders ipad useless if it is jailbroken, and you have to restore via Itunes and iTunes will only do 5.1 now.
    I find most jailbreak and hacker sites frustrating cause they never tell you clearly the whole story or all aspects of jailbreaking, and they assume you know, or leave out important facts, oh well.
    good luck. it ain't Broke tho. it;ll restore. they always do in my experience.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You can download tiny umbrella to get you out of your bricked state and then you can proceed to restore it with iOS 5.1

Incidentally I made the same mistake with a iPad 1 when I was selling it.

7. Trey1984 macrumors regular

Looks like you better not sell it now since you sold it jail broken. Update and wait a few months for 5.1 jailbreak

8. azure247 macrumors 6502

Yeah, you might get a dispute and chargeback if you sell it. It is not as described anymore.