Can't restore my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by colossus874, Jul 28, 2012.

1. colossus874 macrumors newbie

Hello there. I've got slight of a problem with my iPhone 4 at the moment and I need you help to solve it.
    My problem started 2 days ago when my iPhone suddenyl shut off for no reason and couldn't be started up again without connecting it to the power plug with the power cable. So it all started up again, was on for a few hours and then it shut off again.Same problem, it couldn't be started up. So each time I started it up the time between the shut offs got smaller and now it's at a stage when you connect the power cable it gets on but has to be connected to itunes as when you start it up for the first time and as soon as you disconnect the power cable it shuts off instantly. I tried connecting it to my computer but it gave no reaction, it only starts when connected to a power plug. Well I read alot on the internet and got itunes to detect it by putting it in DFU mode. The restart got started but the problem comes when it wants to check the restore with apple. It just stays there and gives error code 1602.

I can mention that this iphone was jailbroken and I newly installed a androidlock and custom background for NC etc. But I still don't get why this happened. Can anyone give me a tips how to solve this with my iPhone and the iTunes error?

2. iphone4champ macrumors member

Try updating iTunes and see if that helps it helped me.

3. colossus874 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid I've done that several times without any luck.