Can't restore my iPhone OS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ichkamo, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Ichkamo macrumors member

Ichkamo

Hi everyone,
    I've got an iPhone 4, 8gb, IOS 6.1.3.
    Problem is : more than half of my iPhone's capacity is used by "Others"!!!!
    Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 2.57.28 .png
    So I tried out everything : deleting safari data, messages, useless stuff... But I only cleaned up 100mb!!!!
    Then I thought the solution was to restore the iPhone, even if I hate doing so.
    So I clicked restore and everything and I got this error message : "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"
    Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 3.04.42.png
    Clicking "more info" lead me to this website : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4451
    I did everything they could possibly ask me to do, but one! I'm never updating my iTunes 10.7 to iTunes 11! Neither am I going to IOS7!

So if anyone has any ideas how I can solve any of my problems without doing any of these two things, that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks. I read all comments and suggestions, please help me!! :)

//One more thing : I have :apple:OSX Mavericks and I manually downgraded to iTunes 10.7, I did it the clean way so it can still sync my iDevices.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you want to restore your device, you must upgrade to the latest version of iTunes and restore your phone to iOS 7.1.2. Unless you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 6 or want to try to get them using iFaith.

3. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, iOS 7 is tied to iTunes 11. Like you, I was fine with 10.7. But, when I bought my 5s, I bit the bullet and updated to iTunes 11 in order to retain local sync.

When doing a factory reset, Apple basically forces you to upgrade to the latest OS for your device.

Because of the ballooning size of the "Other" space, my maintenance routine entails doing a factory reset and restore from backup about once every other month. The "Other" category includes a lot of cache data, as well as cruft like botched downloads that you cannot purge without doing a reset and restore. And the "Other" files seem to accumulate more rapidly if you use iTunes Match.

If you don't want to go to iTunes 11 or iOS 7, your only solutions now will probably need to come from the jailbreak community. If you have a full backup of your data and apps, I would think something could work for you. Good luck.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

get ifaith. dump your blobs. create a custom signed ipsw with 6.1.3. then pwn dfu your iphone. restore to the custom ipsw in itunes.

----------

also, to use ifaith, you need a copy of windows, or a pc.

5. Ichkamo thread starter macrumors member

Ichkamo

Is there a way to do that without jailbreaking? Coz I don't know anything about jailbreak... Otherwise, what's the best jailbreak (usable on mac)? And what websites should I visit to get informed?

6. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Try the Jailbreaking sub on this forum, tons of material.