Can't restore to 3.1.3 and my iPhone not registered to Dev.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jailbreak Ryan, May 19, 2010.

1. Jailbreak Ryan macrumors newbie

I was interested in trying out the iPhone OS 4 Beta but don't have a developer account. I've seen people asking for a donation between $5-10 to add your UDID to their dev account so you can test out the new betas. Well I was searching around found a guide to upgrade to the new beta without registering your UDID. I followed the guide and it didn't work out. I posted for help on ModMyi and this gentlemen posted a reply saying to message him and he can help me out. He said he would add me to his dev account because I went through all that trouble. I thanked him and gave him my UDID to add. He said it registered it and I was good to go. So I installed the Beta and I get this. http://imgur.com/Obokb.png

So I send him an email saying it didn't work. At that time I could easily just use blackra1n and put it in restore mode and just restore it back to 3.1.3 which I did. He emails me back and says he put in the wrong UDID and that he put me into a new slot and provided me a link to the Beta. He gave me iPhone2,1_4.0_8A230m_Restore(3gs).ipsw and I tried to install it. I get an error 1015 so I try ti restore it to 3.1.3 and I get error 1015 again. I've been trying everything and can't do anything!

2. funrush macrumors regular

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Do you think Apple issue the terms & conditions regarding DEVELOPERS ONLY for a laugh, a wee joke on their part?

Let this be a lesson ladies and gentleman ... the new firmware comes out more than likely on June 7th/8th. If you're not a developer and you only have ONE iPhone that is the one you obviously depend on, then don't try and be a smart arse with the beta.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

5. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

OP, I guess you didn't do much research on this, but I wrote a guide about it.