Can't restore wtf...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

So i tried to install 2.0.2 and it said it couldn't because of some unknown error so it said i had to restore. I restore and it keeps saying the same thing, failed because of unknown error, i must restore again. So i'm stuck in a loop right now... The iPhone screen is showing iTunes and the wire =(.... i tried shutting down but nothing works.

2. mBox macrumors 68020

dont give up! I didnt and now its working :) yea what a pain. next time Ill wait till a few days after to update :p

3. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

But my iPhone is broken right now =(

It keeps saying the restore fails and i must try again(only option). I don't know what to do....

Keeps saying could not restore because of unknown reason error(6).

4. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

4th time trying to restore and no luck. Says iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. When i hit restore it goes into its process and after it says failed because of unknown reason error(6). What should i do? Should i take it to the Apple store? Any other options?

5. cenetti macrumors 6502

similar thing happened to me couple weeks ago... I could restore but couldnt activate, was giving me some SIM error. I was stuck with " connect to Itunes" screen.

Get ready to deal with alot of "dirty looks" tomorrow in the store. They will think you tried to jailbreak and messed up....hehee

anyways, they gave me new phone...(white box)....

6. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL >.<

Isn't the pwn software the only one that works to jailbreak and doesn't it show a pineapple thingy when your turn it on? So yeah lol.. But damn this sucks... if they can't restore my iPhone this i'll be my second exchange. Last time they made me go through all this crap.