Can't restrict cellular data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by muhammet.buba, Jul 12, 2015.

1. muhammet.buba macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I'm using an Iphone 6 running the newest 8.4 ios. I'm going abroad in a few days so I wanted to setup my phone that the only apps using cellular data are Messages and Whatsapp. I toggled all the apps off in the cellular data settings. I even turned everything off in the notifications area to get rid of all the the push settings. Bu this isn't helping. I'm still receiving my e-mails with push. I get the notification for my email at the top. However when clicking on it, it launches Inbox app but I can't read the mail. Than it sais cellular data is off for this app. Which is true but it's still pushing new e-mails so cellular data for Inbox is still on?

Please help, I've been trying for hours..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436756977.647290.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436756987.517203.jpg

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The push notifications, for the most part, come through an Apple server/service essentially.

3. petruc macrumors newbie

You could go to Settings > Email, Contacts, Calendars > Get new data > slide Push to off.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think that will affect push for app notifications.

5. petruc macrumors newbie

It won't, it's only for email push.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Right, but seems like the question was about an app (Inbox from Google) getting notifications while cellular data was disabled for it.

7. petruc macrumors newbie

Oh yes, didn't notice that.