Can't return in store an iPhone I ordered on the apple store online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grolubao, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi all,

It seems here in the Netherlands one cannot return in store an iPhone that is ordered online. The only way to return it is to arrange a pickup date with the shipping company.

Why exactly go through all this hassle and not allow a person to go to the physical store and return it there?

2. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Think it's the same in the UK, if not everywhere.

The online store is run as a separate company from the physical stores and so returns have to be returned to whichever you bought it from.

3. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

In the US is not like that which makes sense because Apple is Apple, be it a store or be it an online store. Mental note never to buy online again with Apple

4. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

If your able to travel to return to the store why didn't you travel to buy from the store?!

5. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Because it was sold out, I managed to find a store in the meanwhile and I bought it from there

6. techspin macrumors 6502a

As far as I know, online purchase returns in the US need to be shipped back as well. Unless you purchased with the in store pickup option.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

The published policy claims otherwise (for the US):

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

8. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

They must have changed it in the past month or so. In September, their policy was that iPhones purchased online could NOT be returned in-store (however, IME, they were pretty flexible about this)

9. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

The policy very recently changed. I was denied when I tried to make a return to a store in NYC in late October.

10. tritron macrumors regular

I returned 5c and store kept it and then I got return label so I called store and had to pickup the phone again and ship it back to apple. With some carriers you cant reuse simcards so new one must be installed.

11. aristobrat macrumors G5