Can't return my Macbook Air, haven't even got it yet! "help"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Brat2734, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Brat2734 macrumors newbie

Im a new user on this forum. Actually i searched youtube for Apple forums, and i found this one. I was planning on buying a macbook for a long time, and since I have no experince with macs, i knew i would need alot of help. The choice fell on the macbook air. I finally ordered one, from the online store ( apple.com/no), October 10th.

Four days later i heard about the announcement of the new gen macbooks. I searched youtube and found alot of pictures and videos of theese beautiful new notebooks.
    The reason i wanted a mac was simply because of the desing, the looks and because i need a new computer, and wanted a change.
    The reason i choose the macbook air was just because of the desing, the weight and the slim figure.
    The same day i heard the announcement I tried to find out how to return my macbook air. It hadn't arrived yet, i live in Norway, so it's supposed to arrive October 25th. I know about Apples return and refund policy, I have 14days to return the product... I thought i might be ahead of it, and checked my order online. It said that the macbook air was, and i quote:Item not eligible for return.
    I want to know why is this, is it because i ordered it before the update of the macbook air was announced? What is the reason?
    I want to know this because i was dumb enough to buy a apple product before an update, and i would really love the next gen macbook.
    And if i can't return it I have to use macbook air as my primary laptop, and I've heard ppl say they dont like the sound of that :/...

Sorry if this isn't the right section, once again im new here and really need help.

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

This is a question that needs to be asked of Apple. Call them and see what they say.

3. Brat2734 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried calling. I talked to this lady who didn't know anything. I asked her to check it out, she told me she didn't know how. The site said if i called that number i would be phoned to Apple-genius, didnt sound that way to me...:( , Other solutions?

4. darkdss macrumors newbie

You should be fine. Obviously if it takes >14 days for the air to ship to you then that's retarded.

You MIGHT want to call again and ask... but I still think you should be fine with the return. Just dont open it and return it asap to ur apple store (do they have any in norway?)

btw. Call again and speak to someone else. and if they are not helpful ask to speak to a manager/supervisor

5. mcewanmac macrumors newbie

return it!!!

Hi,

My first post too. Under 'distance selling' regulations, you can return any item within 10 days of DELIVERY. This means that you can inspect the item and return for whatever reason, since you have not seen the product. Look up distance selling on Google (not youtube!!)

I bought a black macbook on Aug 20th and was also horrified at the new macbook, I called my local Apple Store and they replaced it, free of charge. Absolutely no hassle. I use the Leicester store.

Good luck

6. Brat2734 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks.

That sounds like a god idea. I'll try call again.
    We have an apple-store in Bergen, not to many miles from where i live.
    Hey!:D Are you saying i might be able to return it to an apple-store in norway, insted of sending it back to the us or the united kingdom?( I think thats where it's shipped from). That would be great, cus im not so keen on paying the return of it.

7. mcewanmac macrumors newbie

return it!!!

Not sure about Bergen, my friend. They cant insist that you keep it if it is not delivered yet. In fact, if they get funny, just say it is faulty.

8. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Distance selling regulations are an EC thing and unfortunately Norway is not a member of the EC.

Apple have their own rules though (Remorse period) - you will have to check what your order terms and conditions are. The simplest way is to "refuse delivery" of the item when the courier tries to deliver. That way it will be returned to Apple and it won't cost you anything to return it.....

In the meantime order one of the new MacBooks.

9. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

"and i quote:Item not eligible for return."
    Sounds like you ordered a custom configuration.??

10. Brat2734 thread starter macrumors newbie

****, does that make any differens?
    When you order online you get to pick what harddrive you want, and you can order extra items made for the macbook air.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yes, it makes all of the difference in the world.

If you had them build a customized unit, you can't return that because they can't resell it.

12. WhiteShadow macrumors regular

that sucks, sounds like your best bet is to try to exchange it at a physical apple store.

13. Brat2734 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, returning it is off the table :/...
    Exchange it you say?
    But I've bought it online, how can i exchange it in a apple-store then? :confused:

14. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I think you're stuck with it - and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's still a beautiful and useful machine.

15. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

refuse delivery if when you call they will not return it .

16. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi!
    I dont think there are any Apple Stores in Norway, just Eplehuset who are premium resellers. Anyway, for a return you should check out forbrukerkjøpsloven § 41 and § 42. As well as angrerettsloven. These laws may be able to help you. But I dont know if buying from apple.com/no is considered "utenfor fast utsalgssted". Hope this helps

Lisa

17. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

The moral of the story... always read page 1 of MacRumors!