Can't right click in dock.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zweben, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Zweben macrumors member

Zweben

Hi. Ever since my botched Safari 3 install, which deleted a bunch of system resources, my Dock hasn't been working properly. The install broke several other things (including the installer app itself), but I was able to fix everything but the Dock by opening the installer with Pacifist and reinstalling manually.

I tried this with the Dock though, and it didn't help. Right clicks are simply ignored; they don't act as a regular click, they just don't register. Also, if I try to remove anything from the dock, it immediately crashes and reopens.

I've installed it several times with Pacifist from the Safari 3 beta installer with no change in behavior. I didn't see any sign of a backup dock file in the source to the uninstaller, which was pretty small.

Can anyone think of ways to possibly fix this? Maybe older application installers that updated the dock so I can install a different version?

2. sdschwendener macrumors regular

this is not a bump

this is a plea for HELP!!!

I leave home for an enjoyable weekend with my dock acting normally.

When I get back I boot it up and what happens..

I can right click on my dock
    The right click menu does open
    But I cannot click any of the options
    Once I right click something I cannot right click any other dock icons
    In which case I have to right click the desktop to get the menu on the dock to close.

I CHANGED NOTHING. Suddenly this happens. Do I have one of a few poor macs to contract the dock herpes?

It means i must open my trash to empty it using the button.

It means i cant right click and quit an application.. I must use my mouse in much larger strokes.

AWWW help!

3. jahathaway macrumors newbie

Same exact issue!

I can click the Finder menu to release the Right-Click box. I have not been able to find the source of this issue as well.