Can't rotate images in Photos app!

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Okay I'm wondering if this is a known bug. For some reason I can't rotate images in the Photos app when I tilt the phone. They just stay in the same orientation and don't adjust. I've tried restarting and no luck. Is this happening to anyone else?

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
No problems with mine. If quitting the app in the task manager and doing a hard reset doesn't solve the problem, I think the only other thing you can try is a restore. Could it be a problem with your accelerometer? Or is it just that app? Do you remember it working in the past?

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Okay I'm wondering if this is a known bug. For some reason I can't rotate images in the Photos app when I tilt the phone. They just stay in the same orientation and don't adjust. I've tried restarting and no luck. Is this happening to anyone else?
I'm not exactly sure if this works with photos, but do you have your portrait lock on? Open the multitasking menu and see if it is.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

MrNimziki said:
Do you have the orientation lock on?
Double tap Home Button. Right swipe. Lock button is the one on the right.

I agree. That's probably the issue.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Orientation lock is not on. Web pages and other apps rotate fine with orientation. It's just the Photos app. Actually the app is glitchy all around. Sometimes when I open it, I can't access the menu bar that's usually under photos and videos. You know, the menu that allows you to send the photo or trash it? It just doesn't appear at all. Hmmmm.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

PhaserFuzz said:
Orientation lock is not on. Web pages and other apps rotate fine with orientation. It's just the Photos app. Actually the app is glitchy all around. Sometimes when I open it, I can't access the menu bar that's usually under photos and videos. You know, the menu that allows you to send the photo or trash it? It just doesn't appear at all. Hmmmm.
That's pretty crazy.

Side note. You can't delete photos from the albums only the camera roll.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Okay I just restored and that fixed the issue. Still, that was very weird. Thanks for the help guys.

BTW, restoring is SO much faster on the iPhone 4. It would've taken forever on my 3G haha.