Can't run my appstore apps after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by messyboy, Jul 3, 2009.

1. messyboy macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I successfully jailbroke my iTouch 2G with redsn0w, and upgraded to 3.0 firmware. Cydia and Winterboard run great, but my appstore (free) apps will only open for 1 second, then the springboard returns. My hacked apps will run, and so will iTunes and the other apps that came with the iTouch. I tried re-running redsn0w, but I still have the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

One reason I don't jailbreak. BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL. Try going back to official firmware and see if it works.

3. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Illegal? Hardly

It's probably a permissions problem. Download SBsettings or somethign similar and repair permissions.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hardly? It pushes users to go into the "hacked apps" direction, which is in fact, stealing and violation of copyright. I think those two are illegal otherwise we'd have 7 year old boys stealing candy from the grocery store.

5. slieu92 macrumors regular

those apps haven't been updated yet to run on 3.0

6. messyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I redid the redsn0w jailbreak, than reloaded my apps via the wifi. All work fine now!!

Mike

7. wardev macrumors regular

yes, stealing apps is illegal, but jailbreaking itself is not, and there are lots of things you can do besides stealing apps.

8. jw2002 macrumors 6502

These comments are trolllish and off-topic. Isn't the Community forum the place for Politics, Religion, Social Issues? Or better yet, how about the Wasteland?