Cant Run Yahoo? Mac is a Piece of garbage...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DizzyCrash, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DizzyCrash macrumors newbie

I just got this brand new mac ready to use it and have a good time when i find out its got something called EL Capitan and that this piece of junk is so out it that it cannot run yahoo messenger, one of the most common messengers int he world, i have at least 100 friends i cannot contact now and this is making me really mad, i mean whats wrong with mac? Why is it so junky and useless that it cant run yahoo messenger? is there no file you can download that makes it work with macs or am I just screwed cause mac couldnt make a quaity product?

2. dannyar macrumors 6502

3. sinfulta macrumors newbie

sinfulta

Ummmm... Your kidding right? There hasn't been separate app for yahoo messenger in years. 4+ at least I think.

It's very simple. Open up Messages. Click Messages in top left corner near Apple logo. Select add account. Click Yahoo! and put in your account information for Yahoo. You now have Yahoo messenger, iMessage and whatever else you want in one place. Welcome to 2012.

(Btw i'm being condescending as just cause you don't know how to do something doesn't mean it's common knowledge and could easily been solved with a search on here or asking in a polite manner)

4. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

There's no way you have 100 friends on Yahoo Messenger, much less 100 friends in general.

5. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I am not a Mac fan boy by far but I have to admit your post made me laugh. The effort to write your post is about the same amount of time it would take to investigate how to get yahoo messenger services up and running on your Mac.

Thanks for the chortle.

6. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
    Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
    I hear the voices when I'm dreaming,
    I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son,
    There'll be peace when you are done
    Lay your weary head to rest
    Don't you cry no more

7. Jt69yupper macrumors member

Jt69yupper

This made me laugh out loud

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Trillian. Free in the Mac App store. Works just like the old Yahoo messenger, and better than iMessage.

9. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Yahoo and Macs / iDevices haven't been playing nice together since Yosemite and iOS 8. I think it's both parties frankly.

I had to set up Yahoo mail account in the native Mac mail account on my new iMac running Yosemite -which is fine- I just hate getting those unrecognized log in emails.

Now back to the topic again, how to get messenger working? Sinfulta has it right.

10. Butchie-T macrumors regular

JUST THROW IT AWAY AND SWEAR OFF APPLE FOR GOOD!

Harrump!!!!!!

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should probably make a post on your MySpace page about your Yahoo Messenger outage so your 100 friends won't worry

12. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

DizzyCrash,

Ignore all these mean people. Just send your Mac to me via FedEx and I'll make sure everything is nicely taken care of. I will not even bill you for the time and materials, even though I am an IT consultant.

13. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Nah man, I got a quick fix for this. Go into your finder and find the file titled 'Library' and delete this, it's an outdated set of programs and junk that Apple likes but it prevents a lot of good stuff like Yahoo messenger from getting jiggy with it. Worked like a charm for me and my 99 Yahoo contacts, maybe you can be my 100th.......? ;):oops::rolleyes::D

Edit: Maybe you shouldn't do this, my computer just crashed.......

14. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

At least I learned now this service still exists. I deleted it about 100 years ago because none of my contacts showed up online anymore, same for ICQ.

15. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Tell us how you really feel! With post like this, you will find it difficult to get anything but condescending answers. I wish you luck though. :)

16. satcomer, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Trillian or Adium are 2 great freeware alternatives. Next time just look for programs for the Mac instead of acting like troll that can't write bother to capitalize proper words or yourself !

17. Butchie-T macrumors regular

Awww dang!!!

You sir, are a saint! :)

18. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Now you have done it. This is the same type of Mac user that will manage to infect themselves within minutes by:

1) They will Google "Trillian"
    2) They will clicking on the first result link that will say something ridiculous like "Download Trriliian for Yaho Now!!!"
    3) They will download a trojan from a flashing "Download Now" button
    4) They will then try to install it but GateKeeper will stop them from infecting themselves.
    5) They will then instead Google how to disable GateKeeper
    5) They will then try to install the fake app and be stopped by the request for an Admin password.
    6) They will enter the admin credentials and complete the installation of the Trojan
    7) They will then try using the fake "Trriliian for Yaho" App to log into their Yahoo Messenger account (which is will steal their Yahoo credentials)
    8) They will then Google why the App not working and will immediately be inundated with Adware, fake alerts, and the new JavaScript .node ransomeware in Safari
    9) They will then call Apple Support and waste hours of a technician's time yelling about how insecure their new Mac was
    10) The Apple technician will not be able to solve anything because the OP will not be able to prove proof of purchase, nor will they be able to receive email because their Yahoo account, Facebook, Gmail, and all others will have been compromised (because they used the same username and password for all of them and the credentials are now been sold on the dark web)
    10) If the manage to get back online from their old PC, then the will come back here and bother us all again by complaining and raging about it was Apple's fault that they managed to infect themselves and that they will never buy a Mac again!

19. Joseph1989 macrumors newbie

Joseph1989

20. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    I think this discussion is done - closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.