Can't save HTTP Proxy on Wi-Fi setting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexwmccabe, Nov 12, 2015.

1. alexwmccabe macrumors newbie

I require a proxy to be set on my iPhone W-Fi connection to be able to develop the mobile site, however iOS9 is not saving the proxy settings. After I enter them, click back then come back in the HTTP proxy is set to "Off" instead of "Manual".

This is a HUGE problem for me, and worked on iOS8 (the last time I was developing the mobile version of the site was before iOS9 release). Does anyone else have problems with this, because I am now being hindered in my work.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could there be something related to restrictions that's in play here? Perhaps even if they are disabled--maybe enabling and then disabling them again might change something?

3. alexwmccabe thread starter macrumors newbie

I enabled and disabled restrictions, no change. I restarted the phone, they will not save still. Different Wi-Fi network, still will not save. All I need to do is set an IP address and Port number, but they will not store.

4. alexwmccabe thread starter macrumors newbie

I deleted and re-added the access point and it seemed to have fixed it, but I don't understand why...

5. robskrob macrumors newbie

robskrob

@alexwmccabe can you clarify what you mean by "deleted and re-added the access point" ? I'm running into this issue right now. I'm on iOS version, 10.2.

6. alexwmccabe thread starter macrumors newbie

Just forget the wireless network then connect to it again