Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexwmccabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I require a proxy to be set on my iPhone W-Fi connection to be able to develop the mobile site, however iOS9 is not saving the proxy settings. After I enter them, click back then come back in the HTTP proxy is set to "Off" instead of "Manual".

This is a HUGE problem for me, and worked on iOS8 (the last time I was developing the mobile version of the site was before iOS9 release). Does anyone else have problems with this, because I am now being hindered in my work.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Could there be something related to restrictions that's in play here? Perhaps even if they are disabled--maybe enabling and then disabling them again might change something?

alexwmccabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Could there be something related to restrictions that's in play here? Perhaps even if they are disabled--maybe enabling and then disabling them again might change something?

I enabled and disabled restrictions, no change. I restarted the phone, they will not save still. Different Wi-Fi network, still will not save. All I need to do is set an IP address and Port number, but they will not store.

alexwmccabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I deleted and re-added the access point and it seemed to have fixed it, but I don't understand why...

robskrob

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2017
@alexwmccabe can you clarify what you mean by "deleted and re-added the access point" ? I'm running into this issue right now. I'm on iOS version, 10.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.