Can't see apps updating anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I use to always see my apps updating on the springboard with the loading circle covering the pictures and what not, but it just doesn't happen anymore? I just tested updating apps on my iPad and I can see them updating just fine, but on my iPhone, the only indication is in the App Store itself. I don't think I've ever seen them actually update on the home screen in a while. Only time I see the loading circle on my phone is when I'm downloading new apps. Anyone know why this is? Thanks.

2. skoosht, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

skoosht macrumors newbie

I have the same issue on a 6s+
    I also have a 6 that doesn't exhibit this behavior. Both are on 9.1
    the only way i've had it work correctly is to hit update, cancel the update, then hit update again.
    weirdness :(

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

I see the apps updating just fine. Its a circle on the app that essentially goes from 0% to 100% (fully updated). There is also a blue dot next to an updated app which goes away once you launch the app.

Is this what you mean or am I misunderstanding?

4. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I also have a 6s+, so it may only be an issue with them.

Yes, I can't see the circle on the apps anymore. The only indication of apps updating is from inside the App Store itself or in Notification Center when they auto update. I don't think I even see the blue dot anymore. My apps do automatically update themselves, I just wish I could see them updating on the home screen.

5. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Huh. Sorry that is odd. I have a 6 (not S or plus) so it may be a 6S+ issue?

6. skoosht macrumors newbie

That's correct, on the 6s+ there is no circle from 0 - 100% and after completion the blue dot doesn't appear.
    My 6 works fine on the same iOS version (9.1)