Can't see clip art in text message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TB in RC, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TB in RC macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4S with version 5.0.1 and received a clip art pic via text, but I cannot see it. The person sending it has the same phone, but not the most recent OS. Do I need to download a clip art app to see the picture or is there a way to view the image?

It won't let me save it since I open it up and the picture is all black.

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I usually save it and it opens up in camera roll.
    But the format of the picture or video might be incompatible with the iphone that's why it wont display right.

3. TB in RC thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure if this is the answer as the sender also has an iPhone and can see it. I was thinkin maybe it has to do with an app? Maybe I need to download something? First time I've experienced this. Is clip art part of the normal viewing ability of the iPhone?

Haven't figured out how to forward the text to see if someone else can view it.

Thanks for the reply!!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure either.
    But there is no app that you can install to display additional types of media files that the ios doesnt support. Unless you're JB.
    Clip art doesnt say anything about the file. Anything can be considered clip art. What type of file is it? .JPEG .mov or .avi for example?

5. TB in RC thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, just thought I'd post that with the new release of 5.1 it fixed the problem I had with viewing the text messages and clip art. I'm happy to report that I can now see all three of the images! Great day for me!

I wasn't sure what the heck was wrong, but maybe 5.1 fixed a known bug with clip art.

So if anyone comes looking...go update the OS on your phone and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the replies! Que es muy apreciado (It's very much appreciated)