Cant see external hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JonezyAlz, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JonezyAlz macrumors newbie

JonezyAlz

hello

I installed Windows 7 with my snow leopard bootcamp on my MBP yesterday and all seems to be running fine and dandy except when Im in windows, I plug in my external hard drive which is formatted to a mac and it makes the noise to show its been plugged in but nothing shows up. I have installed MacDrive on there so I can read HFS formatted disks but the drive just doesnt appear anywhere.

I have plugged the same drive into my dell laptop with windows 7 and it appears on there so its not the drive (plus it shows up fine on the mac under SL anyway)

Any ideas? Im a bit baffled! :confused:

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I've just found out I'm having this same problem. My Mac partition shows up just fine, but my external firewire HDD (which is also formatted HFS+) is not showing up. I even tried using the Legacy firewire driver, and while I did get the "device connected" sound, it still doesn't show up under Computer.

3. JonezyAlz thread starter macrumors newbie

JonezyAlz

well Im glad Im not the only one! Is it a windows 7 problem then do you think? Its totally bizarre!