Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
I have some strange issues with my 2007 macbook pro with the latest leopard installed.

(1) A family member loaned me a hard drive that he had been using with his Macbook. For some reason I am unable to view or mount it on my macbook pro. The lights come on for 1 second then nothing. Tried it on a PC and the PC see's it fine and he has never had issues with it.

(2) Now 1 week ago we purchased a different portable HD. My Macbook would see it and mount it, but would not write to it until I reformatted.

(3) Picture CD's - I have had numerious people give me picture cd's that I am unable to view on the macbook. However on a PC they are fine.

So in a nutshell, it seems like my macbook has an issue with formats it personally doesnt write. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
My Time machine external drive works fine also.

Last night I did try to plug in the unmountable external drive to my Airport Express to see if it would see it, still nothing.

I wish this was an April fools joke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.