Can't see Log and Transfer for HVX-200

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by goosecoupe, May 7, 2010.

1. goosecoupe macrumors member

Haven't edited on Final Cut in a long time. Using my friends mac, but... when I plug in HVX-200, the file shows up on his desktop but when I go into Final Cut and look for Log and Transfer, it's not there.

He has final cut pro version 4.5

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You mean you can't find the camera's P2 card or you can't find the Log & Transfer window?

I haven't seen FCP HD in a while, but as far as I know, it was meant for PPC Macs.

Have you taken a look into the manual that came with FCP?

[​IMG]

Just used a web search engine and found this:

Final Cut Pro has supported P2 cards since the introduction of Final Cut Pro 5.0 in spring 2005.
    found in http://www.rainbow.gr/markets/pdfs/Video/FCP_Workflow_HVX200.pdf
    found via some search terms

3. rawdawg macrumors 6502

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

5. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Yep, I think you're a generation young of FCP
    Have you downloaded/installed the P2 drivers on the Mac? How did you transfer the files to the Mac or are you trying to L&T direct from the camera? If the latter, you're using FW, not USB, right?

Is it
    Your intention to edit on that computer? Or are you just trying to grab and convert the footage?

Sorry for the million questions, but there are about that many quirks in the chain that can be awry with the P2 conversion process, especially on older versions of FCP:)

If you get the chance, stop by dvxuser.com for a lot more detail on P2 transfer and trouble shooting...or drop me a PM and I can trouble shoot with u tomorrow (Sunday).

I do use a PB for in field transfer and small edit jobs still...primarily because of the PCMICA slot specific to the P2 cards...

J