Can't see my stupid mistake. Need help

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by LT21j, Apr 24, 2013.

1. LT21j, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

LT21j macrumors newbie

Hey I know there must be something I'm missing that should be obvious but I need some help because I can not find it. I have a class TeacherViewController and it inherits from UIViewController. But when I try to call the method performSegueWithIdentifier, I get an error saying: No visible @interface for 'TeacherViewController' declares the selector 'performSegueWithIdentifier:'.
    Here's my code for TeacherViewController.m:

Code:
    @interface TeacherViewController ()

@end

@implementation TeacherViewController
    -(void) segueMethod
    {
        [self performSegueWithIdentifier: @"toSchedule"];
    }

Is there something obvious I am missing?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

There is no performSegueWithIdentifier: method. Perhaps you mean performSegueWithIdentifier:sender:?

3. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

Suggestion: Do a search in the Xcode docs for "performSegueWithIdentifier". Take a look at the results. That should give you the answer you are after. (The documentation is a wonderful thing.)

4. LT21j thread starter macrumors newbie

YEPPPPPPPPP......I hate when I do stuff like that. Thank you for the help I wouldn't have seen that for an hour while I checked all the other things that could possibly be wrong.........

5. chown33 macrumors 604

Are you sure TeacherViewController inherits from UIViewController, i.e. is a subclass of it? I don't see it, so maybe you've left something out.