cant see other computers networked in leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BigRed3373, Nov 8, 2007.

1. BigRed3373 macrumors member

in the new menus under places or devices i cannot see my other three computers running vista on the network here in leopard however they were easily found in tiger can someone show me how to do this so i can find my other computers with my MAC. thank you:confused::confused::confused:

2. aeryk71 macrumors newbie

aeryk71

I've got the same problem on my Macbook. Not sure what I am missing... Hoping someone will respond.

3. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

I think this is a known problem with Leopard.....i'm not sure if there is a workaround......

4. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

i got no solution i went through the networker on other computers they dont even see my IMAC strange help anyone?:eek:

5. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Solved

It failed sorry for my mistake

6. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

IT failed as well

7. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

Leopard comes with file sharing off by default, could that be your problem? goto sharing under preferences and enable it! :)

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

OP if this doesnt work then maybe Leopard reset you workgroup settings. this is what it did when i updated. go to sys prefs->network->advanced->WINS and select your workgroup from there. also install bonjour on your pcs this may help.

9. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

This has been driving me mad as well and I found out the problem was leopards firewall. It fails to do lookup properly based on the logs...

As soon as you turn off the firewall you should start seeing windows shares showing up...