Can't see photo attachments in iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by cosrocket, Dec 9, 2018.

1. cosrocket macrumors regular

My issue is going back to before iOS 12 but since I am also having my problem in iOS 12 I figured i'd post it here. For some reason whenever someone sends a photo attachment I can never see it on our 2 iPads. I see the little paper clip next to the sender showing that there is an attachment, but there is no attachment to click on. There is no problem on our Mac and Windows computers, just in iOS. I did google the problem and found a fix that said I should check to make sure that Set Remote Images to On is enabled, and I checked and it is.
    Can anyone help me out and let me know what's wrong? Thanks

2. cynics macrumors G4

What email client are you using? The native iOS mail app I assume?

Typically a paperclip (attachment) in iOS mail with no visible attachment is due to the sender using Outlook with the Rich Text format. The image/attachment is typically a fancy signature at the bottom with like a company logo or something. The attachment will be there but iOS will show plain text format and not the signature image.

Sometimes the message doesn't load and you can scroll down to the bottom and click "Download full message" and it will pop up.

Aside from that it could be a attachment iOS can't handle however with iOS you can generally download it anyway to use with Apps or send to files.

You can experiment with emailing images to yourself to see if they work. If they do its a issue with the previous senders client. If not you it could be an issue with your email server or the settings you are using.