Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Hi everyone! I just got back from a 5 week long trip to the other side of the globe (4 weeks in Australia, 1 in Fiji) where I did some volunteer work and also had some fun. While there, I went white water rafting and bought a cd of pictures that were taken while I was on it. I just put the cd in my powerbook, and lo and behold I can't see the pictures. Instead there are three files:

Autorun.inf
UdfrChk.exe
udfrinst.zl

Is there anyway I can open this to see my pictures? Perhaps download some application from versiontracker or something?

Thanks for the help (and wow, some neat stuff was revealed while I was gone. Should be fun catching up).

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Ja Di ksw said:
Hi everyone! I just got back from a 5 week long trip to the other side of the globe (4 weeks in Australia, 1 in Fiji) where I did some volunteer work and also had some fun. While there, I went white water rafting and bought a cd of pictures that were taken while I was on it. I just put the cd in my powerbook, and lo and behold I can't see the pictures. Instead there are three files:

Autorun.inf
UdfrChk.exe
udfrinst.zl

Is there anyway I can open this to see my pictures? Perhaps download some application from versiontracker or something?

Thanks for the help (and wow, some neat stuff was revealed while I was gone. Should be fun catching up).

These files are created by Roxio Easy Cd Creator on the PC using the Direct CD It burns the disk in UDF format. Many people don't use Direct CD because they have problems not seeing their data after the disk is burnt.

Things to try

Try this UDF reader.

If you have Roxio Toast then use this application to try to read the disk it may be that the disc was not closed properly.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
simie said:
These files are created by Roxio Easy Cd Creator on the PC using the Direct CD It burns the disk in UDF format. Many people don't use Direct CD because they have problems not seeing their data after the disk is burnt.

Things to try

Try this UDF reader.

If you have Roxio Toast then use this application to try to read the disk it may be that the disc was not closed properly.

Legend! (I miss Aus lingo already). Thank you so much, it worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.