Can't see/transfer Tivo from iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gaelan, Jul 9, 2007.

1. gaelan macrumors regular

I'm using the TivoToGo or Tivo Desktop app that is included in Toast 8. When I open it, I am unable to see the Tivo in the other room. I have enabled transfers and have transferred to my old PC in the past.

This is the current setup, Tivo and Xbox are wired to a network switch which has a linksys wireless bridge. My router is a wired Dlink that has a netgear WAP on one of its ports.

The Tivo is able to update wirelessly each night, and I can see the router is assigning it an IP in the same subnet as the iMac.

Tivocommunity forums suggested that something might be blocking Bonjour. I'm not too familiar with Bonjour, but I downloaded a Bonjour monitor of somesort. It is detecting the mac stuff, but no Tivo.

Any suggestions? Do I have to enable some sort of Bonjour setting?

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

How about TivoDecode Manager?

I'd download TivoDecode Manager and see if that can find your TiVo. It found my TiVo without me plugging in the IP address... Plus you can get your files DRM free for the moment... Great if you have an iPod you want to watch your downloaded videos on. http://tdm.sourceforge.net/

3. gaelan thread starter macrumors regular

can't locate the tivo using that either...thanks for the link though. i really like the UI.