Cant seem to burn a disc?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by moonbeep, May 5, 2012.

1. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

Hi

Been using Burn and Roxio Toast 11 to try and burn an album but neither will burn it,could there be something up with my superdrve,have tried about 8 cd r s to no avail

any help appreciated

2. moonbeep thread starter macrumors member

moonbeep

Even tried different branded discs,first one were Verbatim which are good,whats my options if it need repaired,how long would it take does anyone know,or could i accept a similar refurb model?

machine was bought at end of january........

3. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

Have you tried using Finder's burning capabilities? If that works, then I'd say there's something funky going on with the software.

If not, since you bought the machine at the end of January, you could always take it to an apple store or certified apple repair center and see if they can repair/replace the drive. Since it's still under warranty, the repair should cost nothing to you. As far as an ETA for that sort of thing goes, I honestly couldn't give an estimate.

They likely would not just give you a new or refurbed machine, since it only needs the superdrive replacement. They typically only do that if the machine is too costly to repair or if it's been in for a lot of repairs. Plus, afaik, the stores don't carry refurbed machines in stock.

Another option would be to get yourself an external drive, which can be had for about $40 if you look in the right places.

4. moonbeep thread starter macrumors member

moonbeep

Not a chance in hell am i buying an external HDD,will just let apple replace it(if it is faulty)they are ringing me at 5pm on monday so will see what they think is wrong..

Cheers

5. moonbeep thread starter macrumors member

moonbeep

I used a TDK CD-R to burn an album off iTunes using Toast 11,thing is it won't play on my iMac but will play on the wifes HP laptop,can anybody shed any light on why this would be please...

Much Appreciated