Can't seem to clear space on Macbook Pro disk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ABATTOIR, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ABATTOIR macrumors newbie

Mac OS X 10.6.7 has 0 room left on disk. I have tried deleting hundreds of photos, programs I don't need anymore, and files and nothing has worked. The available cap went to 3.? Gb after deleting said files. But now its back to 0 and I haven't downloaded anything. Is this a sign of a virus...? Please help. I can't even do simple things like school work bc there isn't enough room to save a one page report. EPIC FAIL.:mad:

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you emptied the Trash yet?

Take a look at DiskInventory X, OmniDiskSweeper, JDisk Report or GrandPerspective to see where your HDD space went to.

Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios
    There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Empty the trash, the deleted files won't show as deleted until you do so

4. mactouros macrumors member

Check your MobileSync folder. Mine had over 40GB of back ups. I just deleted the folder on mine since I no longer use that computer for syncing, but you might want to ask here what's the correct way to get rid of some of those back ups of that's what's going on with your computer.