Can't seem to find any decent looking, high quality protective cases for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RamGuy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. RamGuy macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

I'm one of those who can't stand using protective cases for my phones.. They always add bulkyness to the phone and with the iPhone they tend to destroy something beautiful with good looking and feeling material replaced with cheap silicon, plastic or something else.

There are some few exceptions like high quality leather cases, carbon fibre and aluminium ones which of course also add blukyness but at least they provide some quality feel, and some even some decent looks to them.

I'm still not in the market for a protective case for my iPhone 5, but my girlfriend tends to be on the more slippery side and wants to get a protective case for her white iPhone 5. The only problem being we have yet to stumble upon anything remotely close to being of high quality feeling, and they've all been rather bulky and not especially good looking either.

It's not like we require something with a design award or anything, my girlfriend normally approves of something on the more "unique" side of things, like "funky" looking cases that stand out of the crowd as long as they are of some higher quality material and build quality, and not this cheap silicon being dust magnets and make your phone feel like something you got right of Toys 'R Us.

Do anyone have some good recommendations of companies, store and whatnot selling high quality protective cases for iPhone 5 with decent looks to them? We don't want something too bulky, but yet protective with a quality look and feel to them. I've seen some decent quality ones from SPG / Spigen for the iPhone 3G(S) and iPhone 4(S) but they haven't really announced anything interesting for the iPhone 5 as of yet.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You're asking very subjective questions. Post some links to some specific examples that you do like for others to use as reference.

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I go back and forth depending on the use. For business, like something like the Spigen air or Photive slim. But, for vacation and weekends, like something more protective. And, like you mention, a little funky. Of course, one person's funky is another person's hidious . . .

So, a couple protective options for you:
    Diztronic (nice, conservative)
    Switcheasy Tones ( nicely protective, low-medium funky)
    Urban Armor Gear. Funky, might have to order one of these!