Can't seem to make iOS 8 calls with iPad Air

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BasicGreatGuy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have iOS 8 installed on my iPad Air. It is on the same wifi network as my iPhone 5. When I try to make a call with the wifi iPad Air, it tells me "Your iPhone <number here> is not configured to make cellular calls for this device."

As far as I can tell, both the iPad and iPhone (using iOS 8 as well) are signed into the same Apple account.

Anyone have any ideas what I may be missing?

2. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

3. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I know it is beta. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Definitely not missing anything. I think I read originally that there were bugs to be ironed out appealing to almost every aspect of that feature. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and when it works is different for everyone. It worked for me back in beta 2 I believe and it hasn't since. Now it half works for me in that I can receive phone calls and text messages but I can't answer or respond to either.

5. deviant macrumors 65816

6. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

So just to confirm you need both devices on the same wireless for this to work? It will not work over Bluetooth?

Only asking because this would be a great feature to use at work the dinasaurs in the IT department won't let non-company devices connect to any sort of Wireless network :D