Can't select folder or file

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Recon!, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Recon! macrumors newbie

I am trying to use a program to rip a file from WMA to MP3 so I can listen to it on iTunes and my iPod. When I go through the file selection process, I can't select the files. It is really annoying. I am using "Max" to convert-or trying to-the files. I tried to use "Switch," but it crashes every time. I even tried moving the files out of my download folder into a new folder on the desktop and it still doesn't work.
    I searched this forum pretty relentlessly, but I am not sure how to word my sear or exactly where I should be looking. Thanks.

2. Recon! thread starter macrumors newbie

Not a single person has a suggestion on where to start? It seems to happen with other programs and file types as well. When I am trying to upload a photo to a website, sometimes I can't select photos. What am I doing wrong?

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you tried to repair permission from Disk Utility? Are the files disabled in the dialog? Perhaps you should post a screen shot. Have you rebooted? What version of OSX are you running? Have you check the Console app?

4. Recon! thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to repair permission with disk utility. I tried, but again, couldn't select the files.

I admit, I am not the most Mac savvy person, I've had the MacBook a year, but I really only use it for internet, movies and music. I never have run into this type of issue before.

Here is the screen shot, but it is difficult to see what I am talking about. The files I want to select, all the wma files, are grayed out and I can't select them. I can select the folder they are in, but I can not select them. This is very frustrating.

[​IMG]

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. Recon! thread starter macrumors newbie

I also tried Switch, but it crashes every single time I try to convert a file. I reinstalled it and I restarted the comp several times to no avail.

7. Recon! thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed!

EasyWMA works perfect!

Thanks for the guidance.