Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Hello, wondering if anyone could be so kind as to help me with a little problem.

When i try to click on and duplicate a single page from the thumbnail, it selects EVERY page. Is this a bug since the new update? It seems mad that if i wanted to edit/delete/duplicate a page, i have to apply the action to every page in the document, almost making the thumbnails useless for editing. Picture attached to help explain. New iPad Pro 11inch up to date to 15.0.2
f3791cfdf4a6331cf794fd00fc517c6c.jpg

Thank you.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Based on your description, in 15.0.2 I tested duplicating a single page in a multi-page document, and it works fine. It also works as expected to cut, delete and copy. I'm hard pressed to figure out why you're getting 3 identical copies when you try to duplicate. Could it simply be a matter of touch? For cut and delete, you should also see a confirmation dialog.

Could you create a video of this?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Looks like your content is setup as a section have a look through this article:

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Based on your description, in 15.0.2 I tested duplicating a single page in a multi-page document, and it works fine. It also works as expected to cut, delete and copy. I'm hard pressed to figure out why you're getting 3 identical copies when you try to duplicate. Could it simply be a matter of touch? For cut and delete, you should also see a confirmation dialog.

Could you create a video of this?

Tried using trackpad as well as touch, tried clicking different bits, cant seem to ungroup the selection.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Hey guys thanks for the replies. How do i remove it? Thank you.

EDIT I THINK I FOUND IT ON THE PREVIOUS LINK

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Thanks @WildSky and @hg.wells

Ive made a section break as shown in the link, however its affecting my text placement/formatting. Why would t do that? My text is jumping pages. :/ thanks.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Thanks @WildSky and @hg.wells

Ive made a section break as shown in the link, however its affecting my text placement/formatting. Why would t do that? My text is jumping pages. :/ thanks.
I'm not sure why you're adding a section break. Do you really need one? As hg.wells suggested, maybe the reason the pages were duplicating as multiples is because they were in a section, and that section break needs to be removed.

Last edited:

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
I'm not sure why you're adding a section break. Do you really need one? As hg.wells suggested, maybe the reason the pages were behaving weirdly is because they were in a section, and that section break needs to be removed.

Sorry thats what i meant. I think i removed the section? It’s all very odd.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Sorry thats what i meant. I think i removed the section? It’s all very odd.
Sections can be very useful when needed in long documents, but often they're confused with manual pages breaks, which are much easier to manage.

Are you able to duplicate now a single page?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Pages also has a couple of different types of layout, word processing or page layout.

With word processing it’s continuous text, where you insert page breaks to move to a new page or it will be a continuous section of text.

What you are probably looking for is the Page Layout setting:

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Sections can be very useful when needed in long documents, but often they're confused with manual pages breaks.

Honestly im just trying to remove the section and i guess im being rather dull :( It seems i can do a section break but not delete the section? Thanks for all your help so far btw. Also attached pics of the menu i get from wither touch-clicking (1st pic) or trackpad right-clicking (2nd). Last picture shows menu from keyboard menu.

e83fa8607089aa74d7764946187bb097.jpg

26d60c76b8ee38616ed3bd737f2d5efd.jpg

3680fbb93a586beb1dbf14a045cc84a1.jpg

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Pages also has a couple of different types of layout, word processing or page layout.

With word processing it’s continuous text, where you insert page breaks to move to a new page or it will be a continuous section of text.

What you are probably looking for is the Page Layout setting:

Thank you, i think this may be it? Unfortunately it deletes everything when i change it. I guess in the future i should check the layout before i start work? Thanks.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Hit the undo button a couple of times, to fix your current document. Put the cursor at the end of the content in page one and add a section break.

If you want to move pages around you will need to do a section break each time.

Reactions: Livvie

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Hit the undo button a couple of times, to fix your current document. Put the cursor at the end of the content in page one and add a section break.

If you want to move pages around you will need to do a section break each time.

Thank you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.