Can't select playlist - Now Playing Box in the way

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrkgoo, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Ok, so is there a way to turn off the "Now Playing" box on the iPod app?

It sits in the bottom left sidebar, and covers the bottom of my list of playlists. I try to scroll up, but it rubber bands as if the bottom of the list is behind the Now Playing box.

How am I supposed to select playlists at the bottom of my list?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's weird, I have no problem scrolling the playlists. The very bottom playlist stops just above the Now Playing list. Sounds like you may have to restore your iPad. :(

3. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

It's intermittent. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it isn't. The scrolling works fine, it's just that the list doesn't recognise the now playing box is on top of it.

Weird.

Edit:hmmm. It might be related to homesharing. When I turn that off it's fine. With it on, the top library bar becomes a homesharing bar, which possibly pushes the list to not recognise the box.

D you have homesharing on your iPad on?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yup. Homesharing on. No problems scrolling either the iPad library or the shared library.

5. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Again, the scrolling seems to work fine on mine, it's just that the now playing box sits in front of the list. When I scroll up, it thinks the bottom of the scroll area is at the bottom of the now playing box, so while I can scroll the bottom of my list up and above the box, it rubber bands back behind it.

The scrolling works fine, it's just that it doesn't recognise the now playing box is there. I'm not the only one with this issue.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, I understand. I'm saying I'm not seeing this issue.

7. uvman macrumors newbie

It is a bug

It is a bug in the UI. I have the same issue where my playlists are obscured by now playing. There is a work around. Turn off home sharing or turn on airplane mode. Without home sharing the playlist works just fine, you can scroll everything.

I called apple. I also submitted a bug report online with apple #9226123

Dan