cant sell iphone 4s on ebay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

I am a bit dissappointed, I was hoping it would sell, but so far with about 2 days left, I have only had about 20 views, and no watchers.

it needs to be set up and activated, I had it with a tmobile starter card too.

are there mac resellers that would buy it?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Try lowering your opening price. If you have good pictures and a closing time in the evening. It'll sell for around it's correct price. If the opening price is close to the expected sales price. No one will bid.

Since it is a T-Mobile model list it under unlocked.

You can try a place like Gazelle.com. You'll probably get less than $50 through a reseller.

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

doesn't eBay still have that guarantee ?? you get a $100 off coupon if the iPhone doesn't sell.

i used swappa recently. i was satisfied with it, and it only costs $10 per listing
    plus another $5 for a featured listing. compare that with eBay seller fees on my iPhone would of been $35

you have to take a picture with the screen on, and include all accessories in your pictures. the imei must be clean. . they check your imei # and once the person buys your phone, they buyer gets the imei

people who buy iPhones on the net expect flawless phones so you should post high resolution scans of the entire phone. and document any scratches/dents

i could of just took the $25 extra i would of got by trading into amazon but they just offer gift cards.

another weird thing about swappa was , when i sell stuff on eBay, i have to wait 5 to 21 days for paypal to release the money. my paypal funds were released the day i provided the tracking #

4. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how much money you're expecting to get, but two days ago I set up a trade-in with Verizon for my 16GB 4S for $100.00. I believe they'll take a trade-in from anyone.

5. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried to check if it was unlocked on imei info.com, I did all the steps, and I just got a message that I have too many lookups, and that the service is unavailable, so this site was useless for me to check imei.

I got the phone from ebay as factory unlocked with a tmobile sim card in it, I took the sim card out, connected it to itunes, with error messages of unable to connect, and then I was prompted by itunes to run an ios update to ios 8, I did this, and now the phone keeps prompting me for a sim card to set up, should I put the tmoblie sim card it came with back in it?

I am not sure if I messed the phone up, I took pictures of it with the set up screen, and said in my description I am not exactly sure of its unlock status, I wanted to be honest as I dont know now, and I said the phone was as is.

I know this is probably turning people off to it, but I have seen broken phones with multiple bids, so I dontknow exactly what is wrong here, I have not even had many views in the 5 day duration of the listing.

I did get the $100.00 coupon offer, so m a ybe I will get that, we hen I listed this, I went with the prices ebay suggested to me.

6. rigormortis, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the iPhone just needs any sim. it does not care if the sim is active or not. it just need one inserted.\

if the sim has service its an phone
    if the sim has no service its an iPod and the phone stuff won't work

but it still needs a sim

of course if its locked then you need to use the carrier's sim

try http://swappa.com/esn

there are lots of other free imei check websites
    you can even check imei #s at AT&T.com or t-mobile.com by telling them your bringing your own phone

there are plenty of gsm sims on amazon for 1 cent. like h20 wireless. simple mobile .
    any of those should work

don't buy a AT&T go phone sim. they are sold de-activated in such a way it won't talk to the towers until
    you dial codes on the phone and load the phone. i made the mistake of buying a go phone sim and put it in an iPad.. this was before their iPad 3 only service came out.. still can't figure what why they came out with that
    anyway. that sim was dead to the world and it wouldn't even give me signal strength. the sim card was a tiny little brick

apple has a new website https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ that will tell you if your phone is unlocked on iCloud and okay to be sold or given away