Can't send email since 3.0 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rradovitch, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rradovitch macrumors member

Hello, it has been difficult for me to send emails since the update. It works sometimes but not all the time...more often not. I am able to receive email I just can not always reply or send new mail.

Any ideas?

2. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

Check the password of the SMTP server for the account that can't send out emails.

3. rradovitch thread starter macrumors member

looks good!

4. Chipskip macrumors member

I had this same issue after upgrading from the 3G to the 3GS. I was even having an issue with my iPhone and Yahoo! communicating about deleted messages.

After talking to Yahoo! and AT&T they had me just change my password, delete the account from my iPhone and then readd it. I though this was to simple of a solution and could figure out how changing my password would fix it, but it did.

Hope this helps.

5. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I had the opposite problem of not being able to receive there for a while. It took actually deleting the account and re-adding it I think twice to get it to work. All settings, passwords, servers, etc. were set correctly...it seems like just a bug that it was not setting properly. When it finally did add correctly, I got the "verified" message next to the settings when it connected. Try that.

6. koopa35 macrumors 6502

Wow I thought it was just me with the problems you said. Sometimes it take 3 min to send a one word reply. Or 5 for a pix when i didn't have mms working. It would say can't connect to me server. The me support site says all systems online. This needs to be fixed.